Tuesday 13 October 2009

Apology+

Eek, It's been like three weeks since I said I'd write a review of the new New Contemporaries Exhibition at the Cornerhouse, and I haven't. I do kind of have an excuse though. I've been busy being asked to make some work for T.A.A., which stands for Temporary Autonomous Arts, and they are a kind of guerilla art movement based in Manchester.

The work they show tends to be of the "underground" variety, Graffiti art, recycled art, large sculptural intervention, small sculptural intervention, etc, etc. I'm working with the lovely Nancy, as part of Chomp TV, which is, in their own words, a fresh, alternative approach to the notion of exhibition space. They use the television as a physical and conceptual device to provide accessible, innovative gallery spaces that can be placed anywhere.

So yeah, I'll try and keep this up to date with any development as and when it happen. And try to write a review of Angels of Anarchy, the new exhibition of work by the women surrealists, which is now on at the Manchester City Art gallery

http://forbiddenartsmanchester.org.uk/ for the T.A.A. guys

http://www.myspace.com/chomptv for Chomp TV

No comments: